Author Topic: Guinness World Record largest skinny dip attempt in Vera Playa 21st July 2013  (Read 96503 times)

tiger79

Guinness World Record largest skinny dip attempt in Vera Playa 21st July 2013
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 11:22:00 PM »
Hmmm, 21 July would be good for us - we don't leave until 23 July!  We'd be happy to join in.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 11:06:22 AM »
I think we are about settled with joining in with the Spanish day on 21st July.  People who have agreed to help in the planning stage are:
Quenton & Gill
Lubricated (Chris) & Mo
David & Angie
Pam & Bru
John and Maureen
Paul F (Publicity and maybe some sponsorship if required)
Richard Shanley (Publicity / Spectrum fm Euroweekly)
Phil BC  (Advertising design)
The Lions (Marshalling / counting / verifying, if required)

As this 'Day without swimsuits' has been going on for some years, on the third Sunday in July,  I am waiting for a response from the Spanish federation about what we specifically need to do in preparation,  and as soon as I have any more details I will post again.  I have tentatively arranged to go with Carmen to the Town Hall on a 'fact finding' visit on Wednesday,  unless the Spanish Federation informs me that they will deal with the authorities etc.  It may be that all our role needs to be is publicity / liaising with the Guinness Book of Records, and liaising with the Spanish organisers will take care of everything else.
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

tiger79

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 11:11:44 PM »
In planning the organisation of the event, would it be possible to include some means of storing people's valuables while they're in the water?  Perhaps a marshal's tent could be provided, with storage against people's entry numbers?  If not, I can see that many couples won't both go in the water, and this will reduce the potential bathers considerably.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2013, 08:02:46 AM »
I'll pass that on when we find out what our role will be,  good suggestion, we can feel like 'proper athletes'.  Where will we get 500 supermarket baskets?  Maybe Vera Natura chiringuito will let us have a 'cloakroom' there.
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

tiger79

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2013, 11:12:05 AM »
Where will we get 500 supermarket baskets?  Maybe Vera Natura chiringuito will let us have a 'cloakroom' there.

All that's needed is a pile of plastic bags and a marker pen.  Put keys/money/etc in bag, tie it up, write entry number on bag, store securely.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2013, 01:27:24 PM »
Yes, it was a pretty weak attempt at humour!  John says I should stop trying!

Gary Dutton

• Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2013, 02:20:49 PM »
Now there's a thought.... wearing a cloak in VP.  I guess we'll be next to ask for a volunteer sorting hat!

seth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2013, 03:59:15 PM »
A water proof marker pen write number on entrants shoulder and same number on bagand as has been said store with marsalls keeping watch only letting in people with numbers. also it would be a way to keep count of how many took part.

tiger79

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2013, 07:44:49 PM »
Yes, it was a pretty weak attempt at humour!  John says I should stop trying!

Where's the "joke" smiley??

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 10:16:06 AM »
Ha Ha,  I'm not very good at smileys either,  I only use them by accident when I get too enthusiastic with the punctuation, and then I don't know what they mean!

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 05:51:59 PM »
Okay, so today I went to the Town Hall with Carmen (for guidance) - first to the Tourist Information Office,  where they greeted the idea with enthusiasm.  They suggested that we make a request for the town hall to help us,  so we went to the official office and filed an 'Istancia', basically asking for 'Collaboration' from the Town Hall,  for this world record attempt.  All very simple,  I hope it is productive. 

tiger79

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 10:59:30 PM »
Excellent!  Look forward to more news.

Seaside Nick (was Seaside Naturist)

• Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2013, 12:31:22 AM »
Okay, so today I went to the Town Hall with Carmen (for guidance) - first to the Tourist Information Office,  where they greeted the idea with enthusiasm.  They suggested that we make a request for the town hall to help us,  so we went to the official office and filed an 'Istancia', basically asking for 'Collaboration' from the Town Hall,  for this world record attempt.  All very simple,  I hope it is productive.
Great stuff.
This is how a successful nude photo shoot was held on Blackpool Promenade last summer.  :o
On the face of it, do you need to bother with the last element that we did? This was was telling the police we had the consent of the other two?   :-\
On personal reflection it wouldn't do any harm.  :)

pamnbru

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2013, 07:15:45 AM »
Brilliant, Maureen, well done. All looking good.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2013, 09:59:32 AM »
The more we can do to raise the profile of naturism,  both to non-naturist people, and also to the town hall etc, the better.  I think they are slowly getting the message.  There was an article in Euroweekly a couple of weeks ago about how important naturists are to the economy of the whole of Andalucia.  How vital are we to the economy of Vera?  We know,  but the politicians and senior officials probably don't.  The staff in the tourist information office and the office where we filed the Istancia were very good and very positive, though, and wished us good luck.