Author Topic: Guinness World Record largest skinny dip attempt in Vera Playa 21st July 2013  (Read 96355 times)

David Ball

• Offline Offline
Yes that is true, they on the 2nd May on Thursdays, and Sundays, also Thomas Cook, and Thompsons.
 ?:) ?:) ?:)

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
....................... Phil, will think about wording for the posters today.

??????

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
I know, I keep thinking about it!  Should it be for the whole weekend or just for the skinny dip?  No doubt the Spanish Jungle drums will inform people about the Saturday Walk / Run (at short notice).  Have asked Pam for more info when she sees Luis from Puntonat.

I'll keep it simple, get translation checked this morning and send it this afternoon.

Sorry for delay!
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
I would have thought that less is more on the text front.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
This is what I'm thinking - need to check how to say an equivalent to 'Skinny Dipping'

Vera Playa
21/07/2013,
Dia Sin Ba?adores 
12:00 mediod?a
R?cord  Mundial
World Record Attempt
World's Largest Skinny Dip 

Don't think we can use Guinness Logo unless we employ their adjudicator and only then 2 weeks before and after. 
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
OK, lets do a mock-up and see how it looks  :)

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
A low resolution "version 1" poster .... run it around the block and see if the wheels fall off !
Totally open to any and all suggestions for improvement ?

Phil

tiger79

Looking good!

However, there's a big mistake in the Spanish text.  Should read "D?a Sin Ba?adores"
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:50:54 AM by tiger79 »

Paul F

• Offline Offline
    • Next Stop Almeria
Looking good but in addition to the missing ?, in the Spanish section should there not be a reference to "attempt" rather than just stating World Record.
I'm not certain if this is the correct use for the future tense but something along the lines of "Un intento de r?cord mundial".

Don't forget that I did offer sponsorship to assist with printing etc.
Perhaps with a couple more sponsors logos accross the bottom you could cover all of the prinitng costs.
Just a thought!
Paul Fullard - owner of Next Stop Almeria naturist property sales

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
First priority, lets get the spelling and wording correct (both in English & Spanish).

I would have thought that the less text the better. Having said that, what about mentioning proceeds to charity etc ?

Also (not being a member of FaceBook) .... is the text "correct" on that section ?

Phil

Sun4us

• Offline Offline
Very good Phil B-C. Agreed dialogue needs to be brief, and Spanish and English should suffice. Although perhaps preferable  to be in an invitation mode? "Come along and help to break the World's Record.....etc etc." And, importantly, everyone needs a clue as to where VP is. (for those unfortunate enough to have never visited)

Gary Dutton

• Offline Offline
Hi
I have contacted GNI (gay naturists international) and hope to be able to add a few more people to support this event.
G
ps - have been told that bears week starts the following day so there may be people arriving early and will join in

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
Very good Phil B-C. Agreed dialogue needs to be brief, and Spanish and English should suffice. Although perhaps preferable  to be in an invitation mode? "Come along and help to break the World's Record.....etc etc." And, importantly, everyone needs a clue as to where VP is. (for those unfortunate enough to have never visited)
..... "perhaps preferable  to be in an invitation mode? "Come along and help to break the World's Record.....etc etc.""  .... Whilst trying to keep the text brief that's a good point / well presented and could swell the numbers !

Phil

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
The ? popped up because the n with the squiggle wouldn't work from my computer.

I have a problem with the incorporation of the 'bears'.  I am told that last year the behaviour of some of them (particularly in Vera Natura and the pool area,) well, shall we say, it did not conform to accepted naturist norms.  We know of a young family who were resident at Vera Natura at the time that were outraged at the 'goings on'  in the pool.

I have been tryng to get feedback from a native Spanish speaker, I'll take the first draft to Hotel St right now.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
Right,  have been to Hotel St and the consensus (of native Spanish speakers) is that it's not that simple.....
To say 'World Record Attempt'  you need to say.
"Intentamos conseguir el Record Mundial"

To say  "World Record Skinny Dip"

You would say

"Participa en 'el despelote' mas grande del mundo"

Hmm - less is more?  Not in Spanish!