Author Topic: Guinness World Record largest skinny dip attempt in Vera Playa 21st July 2013  (Read 96507 times)

Quenton and Gill

• Offline Offline
Guinness World Record largest skinny dip attempt in Vera Playa 21st July 2013
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2013, 11:43:36 AM »
I have just read the entry about peoples clothes / valuables being left unattended as they go in the water. I was researching the other attempts over last couple of years and saw that one attempt in 'cold' Wales where there were marker posts every 3 or 4 yards with a number on. This is where people left their belongings and when they came out the water they went straight to their stuff.

I think this would be a good idea for us, and have a 'marshall / responsible adult' at each or every couple to look after the things. This will give more people more confidence in going in and staying in.

Here is the link to the video on The Telegraph page

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/wales/8586380/World-skinny-dipping-record-attempted-in-Wales.html
Always waiting to get back out to Vera.....

tiger79

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2013, 04:41:29 PM »
I have just read the entry about peoples clothes / valuables being left unattended as they go in the water. I was researching the other attempts over last couple of years and saw that one attempt in 'cold' Wales where there were marker posts every 3 or 4 yards with a number on. This is where people left their belongings and when they came out the water they went straight to their stuff.

I think this would be a good idea for us, and have a 'marshall / responsible adult' at each or every couple to look after the things. This will give more people more confidence in going in and staying in.

That's certainly another way of doing it, although I'd imagine more marshals would be required than if there was a central "tent".  Whilst it's true that naturists are invariably honest and reliable, an event like this will undoubtedly attract low-life thieves - so good provision for securing people's valuables is vital.

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2013, 06:14:15 PM »
Sorry People I have now changed my email address (just in case anyone might be sending suitable photographs) .... Forget the old Freeserve one, it's now philb.c@btinternet.com

scottyglenrothesbbare

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2013, 05:37:26 PM »

Here is a link to todays Edinburgh Evening News
Lets hope Vera can beat this attempt
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/hundreds-of-nude-dippers-in-charity-world-record-bid-1-2750883

Seaside Nick (was Seaside Naturist)

• Offline Offline

tiger79

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2013, 08:26:29 PM »
There's one in Essex as well.

And Dorset, and Wales.  We need to go for 600-700 people to get a proper record!

Quenton and Gill

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2013, 09:06:41 AM »
Looks like we will need a few more in the water in July as it would appear that the record was broken on 30th December in New Zealand with the new number being 506.
It looks like the organisers utilised a camping event when a lot of people were present, so maybe our day utilising the Spanish "day without swimwear" is a good idea. Here is the link, nothing on Guinness yet ....

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/AK1212/S00691/world-skinny-dip-record-attempt-a-success.htm

dandj

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2013, 09:24:58 PM »
We've just booked Vera Playa Hotel , arriving June 20th, so if it is taking place on June 22nd there's two of us more than happy to join in.

Seaside Nick (was Seaside Naturist)

• Offline Offline
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2013, 12:27:14 AM »
Looks like we will need a few more in the water in July as it would appear that the record was broken on 30th December in New Zealand with the new number being 506.
It looks like the organisers utilised a camping event when a lot of people were present, so maybe our day utilising the Spanish "day without swimwear" is a good idea. Here is the link, nothing on Guinness yet ....

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/AK1212/S00691/world-skinny-dip-record-attempt-a-success.htm

I have read somewhere that the NZ attempt was invalid as they used two venues.
This was in the context that the (currently) 4 British venues cannot just add their numbers together.

tiger79

« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2013, 01:01:29 AM »
We've just booked Vera Playa Hotel , arriving June 20th, so if it is taking place on June 22nd there's two of us more than happy to join in.

I don't think you've read the whole thread - the date is now in July.

tiger79

« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2013, 01:02:15 AM »
I have read somewhere that the NZ attempt was invalid as they used two venues.
This was in the context that the (currently) 4 British venues cannot just add their numbers together.

That was an earlier attempt in NZ.

Quenton and Gill

• Offline Offline
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2013, 09:43:18 PM »
Well the official Guinness Book of Records application is in. It is set for 12:00 mid day on SUNDAY 21st JULY 2013.

All we need now is five hundred and so... or many more... nudie dudies in the sea at the same time, so that we can get proof and then we will all be "record breakers"... Roy Castle would be proud of us... !

So with Euro Weekly, Sol Times, Spectrum FM, Chirrunguitos, bars, Spanish press, Spanish "day without swim suits" etc etc.. I reackon were on a winner here guys....

So I'll raise this glass of Old Speckled Hen English ale here in freezing Worcestershire and toast a hot successful day in July on my favourite beach in the world......... Cheers  :y

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2013, 09:22:11 AM »
Excellent!

Alan, our star webmmaster, is going to give this its own category on the forum - coming soon,  so let's keep the momentum going and spread the news far and wide!  Phil, will think about wording for the posters today.

Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

jonandeve

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Couple from London - Hoping to retire to Spain!
Pity we're not at VP until August. We'd love to be part of this!

Sun4us

• Offline Offline
I read somewhere that Monarch have resumed flights from Manchester to Almeria airport this year?  ?:)