Author Topic: Guinness World Record largest skinny dip attempt in Vera Playa 21st July 2013  (Read 92489 times)

James

• Offline Offline
Guinness World Record largest skinny dip attempt in Vera Playa 21st July 2013
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 07:34:52 PM »
Please pick a date ASAP, and decide if we're going to do this as a community.

You see, I'm supposed to arrive, late evening, on June 22nd, but I would't miss this for the world if you're going with it. Flight's aren't booked yet, but I'd readily alter plans to arrive on the 21st and take part.

Lubricated's idea of all participants chucking a couple of euro in a pot -an 'entry fee' for charity- also appeals.

And while being part of a world record is a nice idea, maybe it's best not to fixate on numbers. Even falling a long way short, 200-250, we'd still raise 500 euro for a designated charity. Surely that's something to feel good about in itself?

If it's the weekend of 22nd/23rd June, count me in.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 08:02:37 PM by James »

Seaside Nick (was Seaside Naturist)

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 09:37:08 PM »
FYI Jun 2nd is World Naturist day. I think FEN are planning activities.
If so, this could attract non naturists as well.
Acceptance of Naturism should be part of the agenda if possible IMHO.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 09:36:57 AM »
Phi B-C Has agreed to produce a poster for us,  and he is planning to do a 'photo montage',  Ideally he would like a / some naturist beach photos with lots of people.  Of course these must be copyright free.  If anybody has anything suitable can you let me know asap,  we'd like 2 posters, one to be out as soon as possible asking people to participate in planning the event and then one before Easter to inform of the actual event (presuming it is to be in June it is important to have posters out then as the Spanish will be here in large numbers for Easter). 
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

pamnbru

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 09:50:10 AM »
Only just spotted this thread, must be slipping! Bruno and I are both members of the Lions. We have a meeting this Wednesday, I?ll bring up the subject of helping provide marshalls etc then. Several other local Lions are naturists so at least a few of us will not have any issues.

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 10:40:10 AM »
The more beach photographs the better, including head & shoulder shots with happy smiley faces.
Cut down on Maureen's work and email them direct to me at: phil@philbc.freeserve.co.uk

seth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 03:10:01 PM »
I think the  22nd is a good date, also James  idea for entry fee for charity,if its June add me & Dotty to list.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 04:20:16 PM »
I think the  22nd is a good date, also James  idea for entry fee for charity,if its June add me & Dotty to list.

Not my idea, Seth, but Lubricated's on page 1. I merely jumped on Lubricated's idea as a terrific way, whether the record is broken or not, of raising some cash for charity. The Lions have a proud history of raising money for charity, across the UK (and in Spain) and I don't imagine there'd be too many dissenting voices about a small entry fee to be part of it, although I recognise that formalising all of that, collecting money etc, makes the logistics a little more difficult. A voluntary contribution, perhaps, organised by the Lions, with a few charity buckets at Tiggers (or wherever this is to be organised) being rattled around might make for a more straightforward process of gathering the cash, and maybe posters or publicity just needs to suggest participants (and spectators) make a voluntary contribution to charity. I'll merrily toss 10 euro into a bucket just to involved.

If it's the 22nd, I'll see you there!

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 04:58:21 PM »
I think the idea of an entry fee may put some people off.  In my experience, the Spanish don't really understand charity, I suppose they won't much understand the idea of the Guinness Book of Records either. We'll have a better idea if we manage to recruit a Spanish volunteer organiser and see how this can best be handled.  If we raise funds I feel that it should be for the flood victims / repairs / reconstruction,  but we need to progress carefully on this one.
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

whatapieceofworkisman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 10:35:48 PM »
The more beach photographs the better, including head & shoulder shots with happy smiley faces.
Cut down on Maureen's work and email them direct to me at: phil@philbc.freeserve.co.uk

After the outcry last year about the Web Cams on the Beach and comments posted under "Ashamed to be a Naturist".... "Not all the people targeted, were as innocent as perhaps that couple described. At least one voyeur & people taking photos were challenged & the Guardia called over the weekend"

......do I detect a degree of hypocrisy on the Forum over the use of cameras on the beach??

Seaside Nick (was Seaside Naturist)

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 11:58:01 PM »
I think the idea of an entry fee may put some people off.  In my experience, the Spanish don't really understand charity, I suppose they won't much understand the idea of the Guinness Book of Records either. We'll have a better idea if we manage to recruit a Spanish volunteer organiser and see how this can best be handled.  If we raise funds I feel that it should be for the flood victims / repairs / reconstruction,  but we need to progress carefully on this one.

I suggest you contact FEN. I'm sure that they would appreciate being involved and can help a lot.
fen@naturismo.org

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 09:27:17 AM »

After the outcry last year about the Web Cams on the Beach and comments posted under "Ashamed to be a Naturist".... "Not all the people targeted, were as innocent as perhaps that couple described. At least one voyeur & people taking photos were challenged & the Guardia called over the weekend"

......do I detect a degree of hypocrisy on the Forum over the use of cameras on the beach??

For the 30 years or more that we have been naturists, the same rules have applied,  do not photograph people who are not happy to be photographed, and certainly do not publish any photographs in any medium without the specific permission of its subjects.  I have been on the beach and watched strange people wondering about furtively taking pictures (often specifically of children)  and this is clearly not acceptable.  I have also posed for pictures that have been sent off to BN to be published,  there is a clear difference, for any right minded person, between these two activities.  We are looking for images of the latter type.

Please, when we have a lovely, positive, idea and thread going here, with lots of enthusiasm, can we refrain from this type of debate???

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 09:32:34 AM »

With all due respect, I think that the perceived fear last year of a worldwide accessible Vera Playa "voyeurcam" on the internet is a little different to a few discrete / tasteful posters displayed in local bars / restaurants which promote the area and also benefit charity.

For the purpose of the poster, submitted photographs taken on the beach should obviously have the subject's permission and, out of respect, any strangers in the background should not be recognisable.

It was just thought that a poster advocating a World record skinny dip attempt should depict more than an empty beach but I am open to suggestions. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:35:04 AM by Phil B-C »

glyn9907

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 11:32:51 AM »
Fantastic Idea put Kay and me down for two, as Vice president of Vera and District Lions I know of at least 7 members who are naturists, and would be glad to help, unfortunately the majority are not naturists , but will ask anyway.

As for the licence I dont think it will be required, but better check anyway.
Glyn M T Williams

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 12:13:05 PM »
Excellent, thank you Glyn.

We are looking for more helpers for the planning stage.  Specifically,  lubricated and mo are off to UK April / May time for 6 weeks,  we will be gone by then,  if we don't have somebody to 'take the reigns' for the whole period between now and the event, I don't think it can go ahead. 

Put the word out, not everybody visits VP friends (strangely enough) -  we still urgently need translator,  somebody to take the lead in VP (either totally, or supporting lubricated and mo) and others.

Cheers

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 05:04:33 PM »
I have had a reply from the Spanish Naturist Federation suggesting the date of 21st July,  which is an event all across Spain (The day without bathing suits).  I think [as I believe the participants have to stay in the water for a fixed period of time (?10 mins)] that the warmer the sea, the better. 
I know the discussion of dates is not helpful for those of you who are looking at being here for a fortnight this summer - but we need to get it right!

An interesting link  http://fen-naturismo.blogspot.com.es/2011/09/reportaje-del-encuentro-del-sur-de.html  to,  I think a photo of last year's event,  and this one http://www.naturismo.org/acontecimientos/diasinbanyadorse.html explains the principal of the day.  It's a principal that many of us would be happy to promote /share.