Author Topic: Guinness World Record largest skinny dip attempt in Vera Playa 21st July 2013  (Read 96334 times)

Quenton and Gill

• Offline Offline
Guinness World Record skinny dip ? in Vera Playa?

How?s this for an idea?  A resort in New Zealand has just failed this year in it?s attempt to capture the Guinness Book of Records  World Record for the biggest mass Skinny Dip (that?s just swimming to you and me). To capture the record we need to get more than 413 naked people in the sea at the same time.

Why shouldn?t we have a go at it?  Biggest / best Naturist beach in the world ? the record should be ours. What an accolade this would be for Vera Playa naturism.

I came up with the idea after reading about the failed attempt. It is anticipated that we will need Spanish numbers to win the record, therefore a weekend in June is thought to be best,  so the proposed date is JUNE 22nd 2013. Enquiries are in hand with the Guinness Book of World Records as to requirements / authentication.

So who is up for supporting it / having a go at it ?.
We will need:-

I will lead the project as a name for Guinness , point of contact, etc, But if we go ahead we will need :-
Event ?logistics? planner (somebody living in VP)
Communications Person / People  (liaise with organisations like Vera Town Hall,  Spanish Naturist Federation, Press, TV, hopefully sponsors)
Translator/s
Graphic Designer ? Advertising, web page (plenty of free ones out there), design posters,                   
Fundraiser/s ? We could raise money for a good cause which always draws interest.
Photographer/s
Many volunteers / counters, on the day
Vera Playa friends from around the world could participate in planning / organisation.  I am fairly sure that Alan could set up a ?private? area of forum for committee to easily communicate.

Having liaised with Maureen we think this is possible, There will be obstacles to climb such as, health and safety, will we need medics there, etc, etc, but the sooner we look into it the better. We would all like to say ?I?m a part of a world record?

Anyone wanting to contact me can do so at qfm6632@gmail.com

Quenton
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 10:35:22 AM by Quenton and Gill »
Always waiting to get back out to Vera.....

Tony and Susan

• Offline Offline
Why not August, when both Spanish and Europeans tend to be on holiday?

I'd love to have a go but my holiday is July & August.

Tony

lubricated

• Offline Offline
Hi Guys

Mo and I are up for it - so long as you can GUARANTEE the water will be warmer than 1st Jan's Polar Bare dip!!

If you want volunteer counters/marshall what about an approach to the Lions?  They will want a contribution to their charity funds, but we don't mind putting in a couple of Euros each - 413 x 2 = 826. They are used to helping out with marshalling events. 

Publicity?  Mr Shanley of Spectrum....?

Sounds a Great Idea!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:29:15 AM by lubricated »
Aerial Photographer Skinny Dip 2013

Steve Tromans

• Offline Offline
Make it during first two weeks in July and I would be delighted to join in :D

lubricated

• Offline Offline
Will we need a License ?   ;)
Aerial Photographer Skinny Dip 2013

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
I would suggest a meeting with the mayor.  Does anybody out here have a Guinness Book of Records that we could take?  (Virtully any organised thing needs a licence)  As soon as I meet Carmen and she's not busy I'll have a chat with her for advice.  Via the town hall would be the best way to organise the life guards and Policia Local.

Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

Dave Carter

• Offline Offline
Fantastic idea Quenton.
Great publicity for Naturist Vera Playa.
Angie and me are game, only need 411 more !!!

Gary Dutton

• Offline Offline
me too - if the dates are OK

Paul F

• Offline Offline
    • Next Stop Almeria
I would be happy to provide some sponsorship and also promote the event through my advertising and marketing streams.
Please feel free to contact me paul@nextstopalmeria.com
Paul Fullard - owner of Next Stop Almeria naturist property sales

alanchic

• Offline Offline
I am sure all residents of VP will participate in this event,however to make up the numbers it makes sense to do it in August,when the Spanish are here on holiday.

Quenton and Gill

• Offline Offline
Guinness World Record largest skinny dip attempt in Vera Playa 21st July 2013
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 11:27:46 AM »
A couple of people have mentioned August as this is when the Spanish are here. I agree the Spanish numbers will go up and if this is what people want then no formal date has yet been set.

That said, If we take into account June is a popular busy month. We have access to

All the urbanisations in VP, (I suspect that in all apartments in all of them the numbers must be high)
Vera Playa Hotel, this is the largest naturist hotel in Europe,
The good will of the popular Chirringuitos with posters displayed for two weeks before (or more)
Two English newspapers
Spectrum Radio
Spanish newspapers and radio

I think that in Vera Playa at the end of June we can easily break 413 people in the sea at the same time.

I am open to ideas, but August is a very hot and very busy time there, June is just that bit more relaxed and comfortable.

Quent

Lumberjock

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 11:33:29 AM »
Sounds like a good idea. We are only sorry we can't take part as our holiday in Vera Playa end on 16 June.
John & Jean

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 11:54:36 AM »
I'm just thinking, is there a Spanish Fiesta day any time in June?  The Spanish are here in large numbers then.  I'll have a look to see if I can find out.

I can see both perspectives,  August the beach is very busy,  and 'managing' the formalities of a 'World Record Attempt' would be challenging.

We probably can't come back for June, already committed to a month's grandchild minding in June in the UK.  But we'll be 'supporting from afar'!

Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 12:04:37 PM »
St Juan is on 24th,  that's a holiday day in Mojacar,  St James Day is 25th but so far as I can see it is only a holiday in Galicia.  So weekend of 22nd / 23rd would probably be best weekend to choose, certainly Mojacar is normally very busy around St Juan.

Quenton and Gill

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 12:51:19 PM »
If San Juan is Monday 24th....then the original idea of Saturday 22nd seems good, The Spanish will be 'in town' for the weekend no doubt.