Author Topic: Car hire  (Read 3970 times)

Firsttimevisitor

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
Car hire
« on: July 08, 2012, 11:51:39 PM »
Hi We are coming to vp in August and are having trouble finding a hire car for our 2 week stay at relatively short notice. Nothing available from al andalus can anyone recommend another inexpensive but reliable company?

Alan - The Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 12:05:44 AM »
Webmaster www.veraplayafriends.com and www.veraplayafriends.com/forum
Loves holidaying in Vera Playa

jules

Re: Car hire
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 08:28:04 AM »
This is who I used very good service & prices pretty good  :)

Lubrinbears

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 03:00:08 PM »
Due to a broken-down car we needed to hire one.
I found DoyouSpain the best price on the net, and booked a car.  When we went to collect the car there were so many add-ons and conditions that the price almost doubled!
We went along to Hertz, and their total price was almost ?100 cheaper for 2 weeeks.
Guess which one we used!
The company's name says it all, as far as we are concerned.

kenb

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 09:17:55 PM »
You just have to shop around. Prices vary so much and all the extras they try to frighten you with make the price quoted no longer competitive. Never tried to hire in August though so maybe these days there is a shortage of cars. Al Andalus is very good but as they are small (and good) they get booked up. Do You Spain don't tell you the actual company they are booking until you see the voucher. Gold Car are rather aggresive and seem to train their staff to push unecessary extra insurance at you. I haven't used Hertz for years as they always seem too expensive but maybe I should look again. Ken

derf69

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 03:45:16 PM »
We used Hertz last september booked it on line got a good price about ? 220 for 3 weeks  Took out car hire insurance for ?40 on the web. The car was not ready when we landed at Almeria had to wait about half an hour for the car . Then they charged us ?25 for 3 litres of petrol when we returned the car , we filled the car up just out side the airport. This year we driving our own car down

Seaside Nick (was Seaside Naturist)

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 11:41:16 PM »
The big boys seem to have become more competitive.
We found Avis the cheapest recently when we went to Munich.  :o :o
And I got Airmiles for it. So my account will not expire and I retain the 1/3 million miles.  :) :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:47:57 PM by Seaside Naturist »