Author Topic: Vera playa map  (Read 20184 times)

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
Re: Vera playa map
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2013, 05:02:57 PM »
It's now even more of a benefit to have an apartment with designated reserved parking. They did try this the last summer before the road was made one way, then came back, painted out the yellow curbs and introduced the one-way system.  Personally, I'm very glad to see it back as 2 way.  In July and August parking will be at a premium in Vera Playa.
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

VC

• Offline Offline
  • - from slightly less sunny northern Portugal
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2013, 11:06:51 AM »
A little suggestion: perhaps the location of the garbage/recycling bins could be included in the map? Not very important but helpful for first time visitors.

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Online Online
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2013, 01:12:11 PM »
I don't mind doing that - but someone over there would have to provide all the locations ?

Any offers  :)

Alan - The Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2013, 05:22:43 PM »
While I was in VP I spotted an error on the map.The beach bar which is labelled on the map as "El Chumbo" isn't "El Chumbo", "El Chumbo" is in fact the next bar north along the beach (and off our map). The bar just north of the hotel doesn't have a name sign and anybody I asked didn't seem to know the name of it.

So can anybody help, what is the name of that bar?

Alan
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 05:26:15 PM by Alan - The Webmaster »
Webmaster www.veraplayafriends.com and www.veraplayafriends.com/forum
Loves holidaying in Vera Playa

Erikk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2013, 01:41:15 PM »
This new chringuito that has opened the 27th of july is called "Playa Turquesa" and is said to be textile (...)
(the name is on the sunscreens)   

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Online Online
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2014, 01:30:44 PM »
Ah ....... a chemist has opened up next door to Consum, that's useful info.

Must have only been in the last few days, else someone would have said previous !
I'll put it on the map when we return to the UK.

smurphos

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2014, 05:29:40 PM »
This new chringuito that has opened the 27th of july is called "Playa Turquesa" and is said to be textile (...)
(the name is on the sunscreens)

The Playa Turquesa seems to mark the split on this part of the beach. South nearly 100% naturist, north about 70% textile / 30% naturist.  Both in September last year and in July this year we felt comfortable strolling right up to the rock groyne where Palo-mares beach starts in the nude and saw naturist sunbathers mixed with textile all the way. No bare bottoms on Palo-mares beach though. On the other end the split seemed to be very definite at Chiringuito Pom D'Oro, i.e. suddenly fully textile at that point, but 50 yards north mostly naturist. Still in both directions I think it's fair to say that naturist beach use extends a bit further than the website map suggests.

I think you are right in that the bar itself is textile only.

Nic Galbraith

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2015, 08:25:21 PM »
First, thank you Phil for putting together the very useful map of Vera Playa.
I have a few suggestions, based on what we saw this month.
1. Assuming that the green/red code on roads means actual naturist use (rather than the legal situation if that exists...) I would suggest colouring the road from the entrances of Bahia de Vera and   Torremar Natura towards the beach green; We saw it used by (nude) naturists as a useful shortcut from these locations to the beach.
2. We saw quite some nude use of the boulevard, even beyond Bahia2, without complaints from non-naturists. Extend the green zone somewhat?
3. On the other hand, we saw no nude visitors to  El Balconcito and to Frankies. A waitress at Frankies told us that Frankies has a new owner, who does not wish to serve nude customers.
4. We walked the Hotel Street nude during daytime several times and never heard complaints or felt akward. Evenings are quite different: totally textile.

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Online Online
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2015, 09:28:00 PM »
Unfortunately, and with the greatest of respect, I cannot update the map every time someone sees a naked walker in a new location. The red/green roads on the map have remained unchanged for many years without any conflict of opinion even between naturists on this (or indeed the previous) forum so it's reasonable to assume that everyone accepts it as a true representation of "the accepted norm" (as opposed to everyone's individual  interpretation of Spanish law).

The road from the entrances of Bahia de Vera and Torremar Natura all the way to the beach has always been marked in green (perhaps you were referring to the footpath opposite ?).

With regard to Hotel Street, this has always been a grey area even amongst us naturists so, as regards the map, it was only right to always portray it as such - perhaps I should actually colour it grey as opposed to the ambiguous "unofficial" naturist ?
However, every bar and restaurant on Hotel Street were asked if they wanted to be depicted as naturist friendly or not and the map was marked accordingly. We cannot be held responsible if an establishment reverses their decision without advising us.

Perhaps logically the answer is, as Hotel Street is known to be a grey area, I remove all red and green establishment labels within this zone and mark them also in grey ?  It would therefore be up to the individual to decide if he/she ventured naked in this zone (and/or individual establishments within it) and decide for themselves afterwards if they felt comfortable or not (as applies to any area within the map) ?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 01:22:27 PM by Phil B-C »

Nic Galbraith

• Offline Offline
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2015, 09:11:41 AM »
That seems to be an excellent way of portraying the situation.

Nic

aaron

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2015, 03:41:37 PM »
Hi Phil,

I posted a load of updates for you on the other forum, not sure if you saw them?

http://www.veraplayafriends.com/index.php/topic,2536.0.html

Personally I feel the map is fine how it is right now, and makes it very clear about the hotel street situation.

Balconcito has a sign in the window saying 'naturists always welcome' and I have seen people heading to the Blue Parrot naked.

aaron

• Offline Offline
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2015, 03:43:59 PM »
Quote from: Nic Galbraith
4. We walked the Hotel Street nude during daytime several times and never heard complaints or felt akward. Evenings are quite different: totally textile.

In July there were naked people around Hotel Street in the evening after 8pm when I was having my dinner, but it was still hot and light. Didn't see anyone in Sept but it was getting dark by 8 and colder.

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Online Online
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2015, 10:29:13 AM »
The latest map (18th October 2015) is now uploaded with amendments to Hotel Street.

You might have to press "F5" to refresh to the latest image ?

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Online Online
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2016, 01:07:55 PM »
The latest map (27th September 2016) is now uploaded with various amendments and additions.

Press "F5" to refresh to the latest image ?

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Online Online
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2017, 09:24:50 AM »
Map updates now uploaded - press "f5" to refresh if "1st November 2017" is not displayed.