Author Topic: Vera playa map  (Read 58727 times)

John A

• Offline Offline
    • Vera-Natura.net
Re: Vera playa map
« Reply #30 on: 05 November 2012, 11:21:29 AM »
The updated map has now been uploaded

Alan
Thanks Phil and Alan for the speedy update ( Sorry Alan I should have checked the forum before asking you)
many thanks keep up the good work I know lots rely on it.
Regards
John

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: 03 May 2013, 13:09:34 PM »
Hi Great work Alan and Phil.
Does this map carry weight,I mean does it stand up if challenged.
If somebody says you shouldn't walk or be here or whatever have we a leg to stand on?
E g Hotel Street A grey area Right?
IF A Cop Car Comes along and you are asked to cover up are they within their rights to ask?
The map is clear  to me , but is it only our interpretation of the limits.
Thanks Lads.

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: 03 May 2013, 16:15:43 PM »
Hi 1916,
The map has been evolving for many years and I think it is fair to say that it is based on considerable feedback from this (and a previous) forum as being "accepted common practice" for the majority of naturists who frequent Vera Playa.
There will always be "grey areas" (as with Hotel Street) which some say IS naturist whilst others firmly state that it is NOT.
Correct me if I am wrong but you posted back in June 2012 that the Hotel reception staff themselves had told you that it was OK to be naked there ! However, in fairness to ALL those who make use of the map (who might not have had a personal okey dokey from the hotel itself) it remains a "grey area" on the map to try and satisfy everyone.

The shading on the beach from green (naturist) to red (textile) depicts the limits to which there seems to be contrary opinion amongst naturists over the years but, none-the-less, still reflects "accepted common practices" - some stay firmly within the green area, others regularly stray further and claim to have never had any problems.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on ones point of view), there is no exact demarcation point so "grey areas" and shading the beach from green to red seems to be the only logical way of satisfying everyone.

As to the map "carrying weight" and "standing up if challenged" (I assume you mean in court) - obviously the answer has to be no.
Regarding being asked to cover up by the police - if you stay within the green area when naked the situation won't arrise.
As for Hotel Street ..... it's still a grey area  :)

Phil
« Last Edit: 03 May 2013, 16:18:31 PM by Phil B-C »

Alan - The Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: 03 May 2013, 17:33:39 PM »
There is some info on our main website about naturism in Vera Playa  (http://www.veraplayafriends.com/index.php/page,13.html) and that article contains a link about the legality of naturism in Spain.

There's also a thread about naturism in Hotel Street here http://www.veraplayafriends.com/index.php/topic,609.0.html

Alan
Webmaster www.veraplayafriends.com and www.veraplayafriends.com/forum
Loves holidaying in Vera Playa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: 03 May 2013, 21:32:54 PM »
Thank you both, yes I did ask the question at reception once.a firm yes was the answer.I think there should be no grey area in fairness we are creating it ourselves. once you come in off the public main road that is it until you leave again.As far as im concerned the whole zone is naturist no half measures .Its up to the person themselves to dress according to their own comforts.
People entering the naturist zone expect to encounter naked people.If that is an issue they don't have to stay.
Thanks

Rob Allen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: 04 May 2013, 15:52:34 PM »
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on ones point of view), there is no exact demarcation point so "grey areas" and shading the beach from green to red seems to be the only logical way of satisfying everyone.

" Fortunately" as far as I'm concerned .I'm sure that if there were a definite demarcation naturists  would be confined to a smaller area than we are  now .The current attitude seems to be if you're comfortable being naked somewhere , do it.  I used to see a nude jogger disappearing off the north end of the beach and coming back 20+ minutes later. Obviously his "green area " wouldn't even fit on this website's map!

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: 05 May 2013, 09:13:54 AM »
I totally agree with you Rob.
Whilst official signs would eliminate any grey areas and provide a naked "comfort zone" for some, I am sure that at the end of the day any additional signs would indeed restrict the areas currently used by naked joggers / walkers etc.
In the absence of official signs (there is only one so far as I am aware), I think the current map system works well for the majority of both naturists and textiles.

• Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: 05 May 2013, 12:05:13 PM »
Don't get me wrong everything is working fine.
no need for any more signs.
Vera Playa naturist resort is widely know throughout Europe as a top class family naturist resort That is what it is.
I understand its not Gated which is a good thing.
I just think  all the public streets bars restaurants could be used by naturists without restrictions.
If you go to Old Trafford you expect to see football.go to Wentwort you see golfers go to Vera Playa you see naked people if it upsets you don't go there.
Any restrictions within the complex of Cape da Agde?

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #38 on: 20 May 2013, 11:24:33 AM »
Purely by chance I happened to notice two map updates posted on various threads on the forum today (add "Pirate Bar" to the "Cota Zero" and "Loui's" tags, plus Wi-Fi is available on the "Marina Natura" urbanisation.
If anybody happens to notice anything that requires updating / adding / deleting on the map, please feel free to contact me via PM / email or simply post something on the "Vera Playa Map" page of the forum which I obviously monitor. This would keep the map current and save time and effort for both myself and Alan  :)

Phil

RobnDee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: 11 June 2013, 00:15:46 AM »
When we were out in May, we noticed that the road between Vera Natura and Bahia and La Menara is now 2 way. Don't know for how long it's been like this but we're sure that it was one way in December.

Many thanks for making such excellent maps of the area.

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #40 on: 11 June 2013, 08:36:39 AM »
Hi Robert, many thanks for the update (this also confirms a PM I received from another member).
Sorry everyone but due to a particularly hectic weekend (my 60th  :'( ) I slipped behind in my duties (I will sort it today).

Phil

Gregs

• Offline Offline
« Reply #41 on: 11 June 2013, 14:23:45 PM »
We were over last month and confirm it is now two way. Does this give us double the chance of running over the inconsiderate dog owners that have made the verges so unpleasant.

Alan - The Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: 11 June 2013, 16:39:59 PM »
The new map has been uploaded.

One thing I did notice is that they have made that road all "no parking" which has considerably reduced the amount of parking around that area.

Alan
Webmaster www.veraplayafriends.com and www.veraplayafriends.com/forum
Loves holidaying in Vera Playa

tiger79

« Reply #43 on: 11 June 2013, 19:45:14 PM »
We were over last month and confirm it is now two way. Does this give us double the chance of running over the inconsiderate dog owners that have made the verges so unpleasant.

I wish!

Sun4us

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: 12 June 2013, 15:01:42 PM »
So this avenue is now no parking as well as two way. We hope it doesn't encourage speeding! Vehicle parking in the past had at times caused problems when the road width was severely reduced, but I suppose there are folk who have to park somewhere. (see photo) We think it's possibly a good thing though for those who are on the Parque Vera and Natsun side who want to drive to, for instance, Consum, without having to join the main road at the top and go the long way round.
« Last Edit: 12 June 2013, 15:06:11 PM by Sun4us »